Dealing with Drought – What Communities Need to Know
Presented by: The BC Provincial Government Ministry of Forests Lands and Natural Resources
August 11th, 2016
1:30 – 2:30 pm
The drought of 2015 was the most severe in recent memory and impacted many communities across the province. Water suppliers were scrambling to manage water supplies to avoid negative impacts to communities, the environment, and economy. Many imposed water conservation bylaws and managed water efficiently but some communities were within weeks of running out of water.
While conditions in 2016 are not as severe as in 2015, some level of drought is expected in some areas of the province this year. With the objective of improving awareness and preparing for drought in 2016 and beyond, the Province will be holding this interactive Drought Webinar.
This webinar will:
- describe the current status of drought and forecasts for the province
- discuss the possible impacts of drought (including new tools for water regulation under the Water Sustainability Act),
- provide information for planning and preparing for drought including accessing funding for drought preparation,
- provide guidance for what to do in extreme situations,
- provide links to information resources, and
- include an interactive question and answer session.
To register for this free webinar and receive access information, please send an email to email@example.com by Tuesday August 9th at 4:00 pm. If you have any questions please email us, or phone Rachael Ruszel at 250-387-6308.