Check out the following webinar, offered by Natural Resources Canada:
Energy and Climate Change Adaptation – How Industry Leaders Tackle the Challenge
Wednesday, June 1st, 1:00 – 2:30 pm ET
Join us to learn how industry leaders innovate in Canada, Iceland and South Africa!
Adapting to Climate Change – State of Play and Recommendations for the Electricity Sector in Canada
This first part of this webinar will address climate change risks for the electricity sector. It will review tools and approaches to integrate climate change into management practices and provide recommendations for all stakeholders.
- Devin McCarthy, Director of Generation & Environment, Canadian Electricity Association
Case Studies on Adaptation in the Energy Sector – Overcoming Barriers to Adaptation
The second half of this webinar will present cases studies of adaptation practices from the broader energy sector and different regions of the world. It will offer potential solutions to address adaptation priorities in the Canadian energy sector.
- Elyse Fournier, Energy & Water Resources Specialist, Ouranos
- Óli Grétar Sveinsson, Executive Director, Landsvirkjun (Iceland)
- Lwandle Mqadi, Senior Consultant, Eskom International (South Africa)
- Marco Braun, Ph.D. Hydroclimatology Specialist, Ouranos