The Centre for Natural Hazard Research will host a workshop co-organized with the SFU Adaptation to Climate Change Team and Natural Resources Canada to stimulate a national discussion about weather-caused and -triggered hazards that are changing in a warming world.
The workshop will:
- examine current and likely future changes in the frequency and intensity of hydro-meteorological hazards due to climate change;
- consider “Non-stationarity” of hazards;
- define the needs of professionals for information about future changes in the frequency and intensity of hazards controlled or affected by climate;
- examine the potential for national support for a program that documents changes in hazards and risk, and identify champions for such a program (IPC subcommittee?);
- examine “Implementation” of climate knowledge into hazard and risk assessments;
- be national (not regional) in scope;
- scope best practices for professionals.
The workshop will be February 22nd 2016.
For more information and registration, click here!