Please find attached the PICS news scan for 20 December 2011 produced by ISIS, Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia in partnership with the Pacific Institute for Climate Solutions (PICS). ??The PICS News Scan is a weekly summary of the major climate-change related science, technology, and policy advances of direct relevance to the BC provincial and Canadian federal governments and more generally to Canadian businesses, government and civil society.
Complementing the news scan is the PICS Briefing Note Service. This service provides timely and concise analysis, as well as suggested policy action, on issues related broadly to BC climate change mitigation and adaptation.
This week’s news scan includes:
Research Theme I: The low carbon emissions economy
- What really happened in Durban – and will it be enough to combat climate change?
- Indigenous peoples call for REDD moratorium
Research Theme II: Sustainable communities
- Pedal power study assesses cycling’s climate impact
- California proposes rules to spur clean car growth
Research Theme III: Resilient ecosystems
- Ocean acidification may directly harm fish: study
Research Theme IV: Social mobilization
- Can gaming change the climate change conversation?