Climate Change: Coastal Impacts for Major Cities
Coastal cities such as Vancouver are in jeopardy due to rising sea levels and other consequences of climate change. ACT brings together a group of top Canadian experts for a town hall-style meeting, and offers the public an opportunity to join in a discussion of the challenges we face and possible solutions.
- Dr. Gordon McBean, Policy Chair, Institute for Catastrophic Loss Reduction
- Dr. Hassan Virji, Director, START, Washington DC
- Dr. Slobodan Simonovic, Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Western Ontario
- Dr. Jim Davies, Professor of Economics, University of Western Ontario
- Dr. Rob Lannigan, Professor, Ecosystem and Human Health, University of Western Ontario
- Tina Neale, Adaptation Adviser, BC Ministry of Environment
- Tamsin Mills, Sea Level Rise Project Coordinator, City of Vancouver
For more information on ACT visit www.act-adapt.org
The Adaptation to Climate Change Team (ACT) brings leading experts from around the world together with industry, community, and government decision-makers to explore the risks posed by top-of-mind climate change issues and identify opportunities for sustainable adaptation.