The David Suzuki Foundation is hiring for a Climate Change & Clean Energy Communications Specialist:
Climate Change & Clean Energy Communications Specialist
Climate Change & Clean Energy Communications Specialist – reports to the Science and Policy Manager.
The purpose of the Climate Change & Clean Energy Communications Specialist position is to provide communication and research support to the Science and Policy team’s climate change and energy projects.
Full-time two year contract
- Lead DSF’s communications strategy to achieve DSF’s climate solutions goals.
- Be the content lead for all DSF climate comms — write blogs, editorials, reports, news releases, media briefings, and create social media content including video.
- Oversee all climate-related communications to ensure their effectiveness.
- Liaise effectively with the core communications team at DSF, and assist in the implementation of core DSF brand and content strategies as they are expressed in climate-related communications.
- Facilitate collaboration – share information and strategies within and across DSF departments and with key Canadian stakeholders such as academics, businesses, First Nations, municipalities, environmental groups, etc, often in both official languages. Be part of maximizing our impact through cross-sectoral collaboration.
- Seize opportunities that arise from emerging issues, current affairs and global trends to engage a wider community in our climate comms, and have more impact at key moments in the ever-evolving debate about climate change.
- Be a key part of our Science and Policy Team – build the public profile of the team and their projects, train spokespeople in new formats such as video, and participate in all planning and strategy sessions.
- Represent DSF in public forums, such as meetings, conference, press briefings and other events.
- Completion of a university degree and a minimum of five years professional work experience in communications and issue based research and analysis with a focus on environmental and energy related issues. Knowledge or a background in climate change, energy, and transit and sustainable transportation for cities is an asset.
- Demonstrated success in strategic communications planning, objective-setting and execution.
- Editorial experience (assignment, copy, web content, etc.) is required.
- Experience building relationships with Canadian media and pitching content is required.
- Experience creating online videos and other social media content.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with external stakeholder groups and coalitions.
- Public policy and analytical research skills is an asset.
- Project management experience is an asset.
- Strong English language skills required. French language (or other language) skills an asset.
Click here for more information and to apply. Application deadline: September 25th.